Monday, October 7, 2013

One Pooped Pup

I increased the mileage my dogs have been running today.
We were running around 6 miles with some small, gradual hills.

Today we did our first 8 mile run. It was on a new trail with quite a few more hills.

For all my dogs who are well seasoned and have a number of years under their belts already, it was no big deal. They were maybe a smidge tired, but they could probably do it again and with the same enthusiasm.

Bravo on the other hand? Well, I'll let the picture speak for itself:

What a tuckered out little guy.

He did an awesome job today! He never quit pulling. He just doesn't have quite the stamina my other dogs do, so as soon as I put him back at his house, he climbed inside, curled up, and hasn't moved much since.

By our next training run he'll be raring to go again! :D
If not, I'll leave him home. 
For Bravo, this year is all about having fun. I don't want to push him beyond his limits, so if he's not excited to go or I don't think he's at the top of his game, he'll stay home for that day.

He'll continue to strengthen and toughen up so by next year or the year after that 8 miles, 20 miles, or even 50 miles will be child's play to him :)

1 comment: