Saturday, October 5, 2013

Dog Trailer

I picked up this beauty yesterday and I'm pretty darn happy with it!


Kelley Griffin (Iditarod & Yukon Quest musher) and her partner Ed built it for me. After buying a mid-distance sled and 5 dogs from them (Silverbelle Kennel), they offered me a good deal on a dog trailer, custom made. Ed did a fantastic job! He definitely kept me and my needs in mind while building it. 

It's perfect for me because everything is my height :) There's even a space in between the boxes where the dogs go to put my sled, so I don't have to hoist it on top of the trailer (in fact, the sled is in there right now). It can hold up to 16 dogs. The two boxes towards the front on both sides of the trailer are big enough to hold two smaller dogs each, and the back four boxes on both sides are big enough for one dog each.

I'll be taking it out to practice backing up and parking it (don't have much experience driving with a trailer). So hopefully I'll be a pro come race season and I need to park amongst multiple dog trucks/trailers!

No comments:

Post a Comment