Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Poop. You heard me ... poop.

Yes, the title of this post is poop. It's bound to come up on occasion when one is surrounded by and must deal with it every day. So without further ado, here is my blog update regarding poop:

A couple days ago I finally received my new pooper-scooper in the mail!
Now for most this would not be an exciting or noteworthy event, but for someone who scoops 38 dogs and 22 puppies worth of the brown stuff every day, it's a celebration.
It's the simple pleasures in life.

                 
                          Before, I was using this. Ugh.                      Now I use this, yippee!
                                                                                         (The shovel is still necessary for
                                                                                        chipping away frozen turds from
                                                                                                    the icy ground)

Pretty sure I will NOT be using that little red sled to cruise down any snowy hills this winter.


Last week this giant box showed up in the middle of my work area ...


... filled with 900 lbs. of frozen pink salmon.

Mmmmmm, that's some goooood eatin'!


On another note: Temperatures are dropping!

4 comments:

  1. Zero eh? Big deal...it was five below in Fairbanks. However, I don't have to be outside scooping turds all day, so you still win. Miss you Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo!! Poop! I love this, and all of your posts. Glad you have a new scooper! I miss you toooooooooo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We LOVE our pooper scooper like that for Layla! But I loved your blog entry more:) Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so brilliant in its simplicity, I salut your & your scooping skills. Mary, you have raised the bar in poop etiquette...

    --Marissa

    ReplyDelete